Click on the links below for specific course descriptions and selections chart.
- 9th Grade Course Descriptions
- 10th Grade Course Descriptions
- 11th Grade Course Descriptions
- 12th Grade Course Descriptions
- Course Selection Chart Example
- Dual Credit Instructions
- Dual Credit Informational Video - Password for video is A1VE$6Ui - Great information on how to apply and register for your courses.
Preparation for life after high school is important for academic and career success. This site contains resources to help you with career decision-making, career readiness, and post-secondary choices.
Your future is closer than you think…explore:
- Endorsements offered at THS
- College preparation
- Career choices
Endorsements at THS
What is an endorsement?
The FOUNDATION plan offers students the choice of an endorsement, or targeted area of study which is quite similar to a student identifying a major in college. The option for an endorsement offers a student the opportunity to earn a total of 26 credits, which include core requirements and endorsement electives in a targeted area of study for high school graduation. TISD school principals and counselors have received information and training to support students and ensure their success. The counseling staff will help students identify their interests and match them to an endorsement plan. Students are encouraged to consider their long-range career and college plans before making Foundation Plan choices.
TISD ENDORSEMENT AREAS
**A student can earn more than one Endorsement and/or can be in multiple Pathways
Business & Industry
- Business Information Technology
- Health Science
- Fine Arts
- Spanish (LOTE)
- Social Studies
- Option 1
- 4 credits in each of the four foundation subject areas. (4 Math, 4 Science, 4 English, 4 Social Studies)
- Option 2
- Four credits in dual credit selected from English, Math, Science, Social
- Studies, Economics, LOTE, or Fine Arts
- Option 3
- 4 Advanced courses from other endorsement areas
More information about the Texas endorsement system-House Bill 5
Student Videos about House Bill 5
Parent Videos about House Bill 5