Tolar Elementary Grading Guidelines 2019-2020
- Purple Folders will be sent home daily, please check them for graded work and communication/information from your child’s teacher(s).
- Progress Reports will be sent home in purple folders every three weeks in 3rd-5 th grades.
- Report Cards will be sent home in purple folders every six weeks. Kindergarten-2nd grade will send home a skills-based report card.
- Each teacher will take a minimum of 10 grades a six week for English Language Arts/Reading and Math, and a minimum of 6 grades a six weeks for Science and Social Studies.
- Make-Up Work: Students shall be given one day for each day missed due to an absence in order to turn in make-up work.
- Homework: Homework may be assigned on a regular basis. Homework should be used primarily to extend and practice concepts and skills learned in class.
- Late Work: Upon the due date of the assignment, if not completed the student will stay in during recess until the assignment is complete up to 3 school days. 10 points will be deducted daily, after 3 days the assignment will not be accepted and a grade of a zero will be recorded. Students cannot correct failing papers due to late point deduction for a higher grade.
- Failing Daily Assignments/Homework/Tests: Students will have up to 3 days (including Saturday & Sunday) to correct a failing (below 70) daily assignment/homework/test one time for a maximum grade of a 70.