LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
There are 2 sections on this page. The first section of scholarships use our Generic Application Form. The second section use their own application.
List of Local Scholarships that use the GENERIC LOCAL Application - LOCAL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FEBRUARY 20
Local Scholarship Application - CLICK HERE
Tolar ISD graduating seniors may apply for these scholarships using the Local Scholarship Application. Directions for completing Local Scholarship Applications are as follows:
- Fill out the application form and complete your essay. Leave the space blank at the top of the application form. You will add the scholarship name later. Remember, neatness counts!
- Use the Local Scholarship List to decide which scholarships you will apply for. Be sure you meet the designated criteria. Read carefully. Some scholarships require an additional essay.
- Make enough copies of your completed application form so you have one for each scholarship application you plan to submit.
- Write the name of one scholarship at the top of each application form. Attach a copy of your essay and transcript to the back of each application. Staple each application, essay and transcript in the upper left corner. Complete this process for every Local Scholarship Application you submit.
- ALL local Applications must be completed and returned to the THS Counseling Office.
- BLUFF DALE MASONIC LODGE: $1000 scholarship for any senior going to a college or trade school can fill out the generic local application.
- ELIZABETH CROCKETT CHAPTER, DAR: $1000 scholarship, must have at least a B- average, cannot be Val or Sal.
- HOOD COUNTY REPUBLICAN WOMEN: $1000 scholarship, must be a female senior
- GRANBURY LIONS CLUB: Any senior attending college or trade school after high school can get a $1000 scholarship.
- GRANBURY KIWANIS CLUB: Any senior attending college or trade school after high school can earn up to $2000.
- GRANBURY MASONIC LODGE: Any senior attending college or trade school after high school can earn a $1000 scholarship. Use the generic local application.
- GRANBURY OPTIMIST CLUB: Applicats must plan to attend a 2 or 4 year technical school, college or university and demonstrate scholarship, leadership, school/community involvement and financial need. An interview is required.
- LAKE GRANBURY AREA SHRINE CLUB: $1000 scholarship for those that have financial need. Must be going to a Trade School.
- TOLAR ELEMENTARY SCHOLARSHIP - Must have been in Tolar from Kindergarten through present.
Other Local Scholarships that use DIFFERENT Applications - Due Dates Vary!
List of Local Scholarships - Varies Year to Year
AMERICAN LEGION POST 491 GOOD CITIZEN SCHOLARSHIP: Senior with a 2.75 or higher GPA Application Flyer for Information DUE: APRIL 3, 2023
ASABE Texas Section Cleon Namken Memorial Scholarship Application - For any senior planning on pursing a degree in engineering with an emphasis in soil or water. Application Link Need to be mailed by April 30th.
BRAZOS VALLEY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION SCHOLARSHIP- Any senior is eligible APPLICATION DUE JANUARY 6, 2023
CHISHOLM TRAIL 100 CLUB - The MAAD Hunter Venture Capital Group, Inc. Scholarship, is intended for children of active First Responders in the coverage area of Chisholm Trail 100 Club to pursue higher education for whichever field of study they desire. Must be a graduating senior and a child of an Active First Responder. 2023 MAAD Scholarship Application DUE MARCH 31, 2023
DAR GOOD CITIZENS PROGRAM & SCHOLARSHIP: - The National Daughters of American Revoloution have a scholarship for those that qualify. Applicants must be an outstanding senior who demonstrates qualities of a good citizen. DAR Application TBD
FORT WORTH SCOTTISH RITE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP: For any graduating seniors Link to application Needs to be postmarked by February 28, 2023
GRANBURY KNITTING GUILD SCHOLARSHIP: Scholarship for students who are hand crafters (knitting, crochet, quiliting, etc) and it is for any area of study. Application TBD
GRANBURY OPTIMIST CLUB ESSAY CONTEST: Anyone under the age of 19 is able to apply for this contest. Essay Rules and Guidelines DUE FEBRUARY 5, 2023
GRANBURY OPTIMIST TEXAS/TEXANNE SCHOLARSHIP: Applicants must be senior students who plan to attend a 2- or 4-year college/university or technical school. Applicants must demonstrate outstanding achievement in leadership, extracurricular activities, community service, and academics. DUE August 29, 2022 Application for Texas/Texanne
HEAVY DUTY SCHOLARSHIPS CENTRAL: Students looking to become a Technician/Mechanic can apply for the scholarship. TBD Link for Application
HOOD AREA TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY MOTHERS' CLUB: GPA of 3.0 or above, must be accepted and enroll into Texas A&M University College Station or Galveston. Application DUE MARCH 22, 2023
HOOD COUNTY CANCER SERVICES: Seniors who are currently in cancer treatment, or who are cancer survivors, or have a parent/guardian who is in treatment or has survived cancer. Application DUE TBD
HOOD COUNTY CHILDREN’S CHARITY: Applicants must plan to attend a 2 year college or vocational/technical school. Academic standing, community involvement, leadership and work experience will be considered. Demonstrated financial need is a primary consideration. An interview is required. Application Click HERE TBD
HOOD COUNTY REPUBLICAN CLUB: Any senior can apply and money can be applied to anything after high school. Hood County Republican Application Due FEBRUARY 25, 2023
HOOD COUNTY SHERIFF’S POSSE: Applicants must plan to attend a 2 or 4-year college or university and majoring in criminal justice/public safety and have demonstrated scholarship, leadership and school/community service. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 and demonstrate financial need. Application DUE - APRIL 1, 2023
HOOD & SOMERVELL COUNTY A&M CLUB: Applicants must be accepted to and plan to attend Texas A&M University in College Station OR Tarleton State University as an incoming freshman in pursuit of a four year undergraduate degree in any chosen field offered by the university. Hood County A&M Club Scholarship Application MARCH 10, 2023
LAKE GRANBURY AUXILIARY SCHOLARSHIP: Applicants must be a senior who wants to pursue a career in healthcare Application DUE JUNE 1, 2023
LAKE GRANBURY MASTER GARDENERS SCHOLARSHIP: Senior who is or will attend an accredited Texas college/university and major in horticulture or another agriculture-related field. Due to their office by FOURTH MONDAY OF MARCH Application
LAKE GRANBURY NEWCOMER'S CLUB: Female Senior Students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. APPLICATION DUE FEBRUARY 28, 2023
LANCE MCLEAN MEMORIAL: Eligible recipients must attend a college/university or training academy with an interest in a public service field. Such services include law enforcement, fire, EMS, nursing, education, etc... Applicant must have demonstrated scholarship, leadership and school/community service, financial need, and cumulative grade point average of 3.0 Lance McLean Application Deadline is March 17, 2023.
PECAN PLANTATION WOMAN'S CLUB: Hood County high school senior female going to a trade school, vocational school, technical institute, or two-year college. Application for Pecan Plantation Deadline is March 30, 2023.
TEXAS SOCIETY OF PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS: The scholarship is up to $3,000.00 for qualified, graduating seniors who plan to pursue a career in engineering at a 4-yr, ABET-accredited college or university. Eligibility requirements include a GPA of 3.0/4.0 and residency in one of the counties our chapter serves. This year, we are waiving SAT/ACT requirements. DUE TBD Link to Application
TOLAR ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB SCHOLARSHIP - Must have participated in at least one sport, including senior year. TABC Application DUE APRIL 28, 2023
TOLAR EDUCATION FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP: Must be a senior in good standing who meets graduation criteria. Must be pursing continued education at an accredited college or trade school. Essay is required. MARCH 24, 2023 TEF Application
TOLAR MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP: Any Senior or graduate from Tolar that is continuing their education can apply for the scholarship. Tolar Memorial Application DUE TBD
TRI-COUNTY ELECTRIC SCHOLARSHIP: Click Here for Scholarship
TTA FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP: Senior graduating with at least a 3.0 GPA and planning to attend a Texas college or university. Special consideration will be given to students who will be pursuing a college degree in fields of study which are particular interest to telecommunications (math, business, education, technology, engineering, computer science, etc...) Application DUE MARCH 31, 2023
VFW - VOICE OF DEMOCRACY SCHOLARSHIP: 9th-12th graders are eligible to apply! Rules & Eligibility Application DUE OCTOBER 15, 2022 to Mrs. Pickett
VFW - PATRIOTIC ART CONTEST: 9th-12th are eligible to apply! Rules & Eligibility Entry Form DUE MARCH 31, 2022
WOMEN'S WEDNESDAY CLUB OF GRANBURY: Variety of scholarships for seniors and beyond. Current seniors apply for the Pathways Scholarship. Information on scholarships and applications can be found here. DUE OCTOBER 14, 2022